Saturday, July 3, 2010

149

I sit by trees from your backyard that you sometimes bring to me
Paper leaves crumbling beneath my feet
I looks between boulders that look out to the sea
I see your city glow and dim but your city cannot see me

There might not be anyone there but you say there is so there must be
The water won't let me here the noises from across the sea,
the silent town where you say hello to neighbors,
and feel plants lean over and touch your leg

You wake up you brush your teeth
And even though there's no one who touches your hand each day
you say there is so there must be

I meet you in the ocean
You can see it from your window
When I try to tell you secrets you explain the sky to me
When you're not there I do not speak

You say you'd bring me back with you but you like me how I am
You're tired from voices but you have to go back
You say people wonder where you are

No comments:

Post a Comment